ABOUT · FACEBOOK · TWITTER · TUMBLR · BLOG · FOLLOW

Friday 30 August 2013

VIDINC 2013



This was the line to meet Ryan Higa at VIDinc.

I took a lot of performance photos (and recorded segments...does anyone want to see it on a potential Youtube channel?). They were all compositionally similar because I was stuck behind the VIP barrier and couldn't move so I was relatively sparing with the number of photos I chose to edit.

Below, my favourite photos from the day. 

For words (and extra photos you can't find here), read my full VIDinc recap at The Afterimage.



You could just run up to the front of the Meet & Greet and take creeper photos of Ryan taking photos with other people. Again, what fabric softener do you use because that shirt was so soft?


PAINT~ Photocred to my cousin L for taking these while I was waiting in line. How bizarre to look at photos taken by taller people...their entire eyeline is different.




Such a brilliant, relaxed performer who really uses video technology to the full. Again, so much love to my new friend M for lending me her VIP pass so I could get creepily close to the front where Paint was performing. Also, if I had known security would be so lax about the use of cameras, I would have lugged around my 5D for the day =_=


Doesn't it look like D-trix is pulling everyone up by their wrists with the power of his finger? NO?


The girl beside me was the most enthusiastic Superwoman fan who basically screamed out from the crowd (deafening me in the process), jumping up and down and waving and it was kind of scary at close distance but rather sweet too. Hence this photo.



She's so gorgeous I can't even.

I composed all the 'performance' shots to incorporate the juxtaposition between the gigantic screen and the tiny person beneath. Kind of symbolic. And kind of because I was standing in a place that meant I could only really take those shots with my small camera.



I assure you I have about 15 more photos of Tobuscus pulling ridiculous faces. Toby was simply an amazing live performer and singing stupidly brilliant things. (TO THE PEOPLE WHO ASSAULTED HIS SIDEBURNS THOUGH...I'm judging you. In a loving way. But still judging)


Jayesslee~ (and the one performance they put on... sadface)


And voila, Ryan Higa explaining to his Australian audience that he meant a thong thong and not like...a flip-flop thong.

No comments:

Post a Comment