ABOUT · FACEBOOK · TWITTER · TUMBLR · BLOG · FOLLOW

Monday 1 July 2013

THE STRAND


To start off this new photoblog, here's the first part of my post-exam adventures with C at The Strand arcade - a little pocket of warm lighting, old wood, wrought iron and stain-glass windows amidst the modern, minimal panes of Pitt St Westfields and the CBD skyscrapers surrounding it.

A lot of these were photographed through shop windows. I know the reflections are usually pretty distracting but I quite liked some of the effects. I'm working on developing the confidence to stride into a store and begin taking photos everywhere without feeling self conscious. Bear with me on that one for now.


The upper levels house quite a range of Australian designer boutiques, some of which really hit my 'beautiful interior design' weaknesses. Give me a couple of Alannah Hill chandeliers for a future home and I'm set


Displays of creations for the Australian Wool Awards are on display every floor at the moment and it took a large amount of willpower not to run away with a jacket or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment